Mar. 15 (Fri) 12:55-16:00
Hall Z (Multi-Activity Bldg. 6F Lecture Hall)
Program is here.
SCEJ Vision Symposium 4
SV-1 SCEJ Vision Symposium 4 - Envisioning Future Chemical Plants
Organization Center for Strategic Planning, SDGs Committee Co-sponsor Japan Chemical Industry Association Cooperation The Japan Association for Chemical Innovation
In Japan where low birthrate and aging is progressing, securing the human resources and the technical succession are becoming big problems in the industry. The SDGs Committee of SCEJ paid attention to Goal 5 (Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls) and Goal 8 (Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all) and held a series of "Dialog about a future chemical plants in Japan$B!I(B gathering workers on the site, university faculties and students, including women. Based on the arguments in the dialogs, what the future chemical plants should be, problems for the realization, and the role of chemical engineering for achieving SDGs through Goal 9 for promoting inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation will be discussed in this vision symposium.
Organizers HIRAO Masahiko (Univ. of Tokyo) MATSUKATA Masahiko (Waseda Univ.) ADSCHIRI Tadafumi (Tohoku Univ.) GOSHO Akiko (Japan Chemical Industry Association) SAITA Soichiro (The Japan Association for Chemical Innovation)
This vision symposium will be held under the joint sponsorship of the SDGs committee of SCEJ and The Japan Chemical Industry Association (JCIA), and in cooperation with The Japan Association for Chemical Innovation (JACI).
- Opening remark
- (Univ. of Tokyo / Chair of SDGs Committee) HIRAO Masahiko
- [Invited lecture] Contribution toward SDGs through the realization of Society5.0
- (Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance / Meiji U.) SEKI Masao
- [Invited lecture] Women's participation reforms the chemical industry, triggering a social transition.
- (Univ. of Tokyo / Vice-chair of Center for Strategic Promotion) TSUJI Yoshiko
- [Invited lecture] Digital transformation and chemical plant of the future
- (Tokyo Univ. of Agri. Tech. / Chair of AI and IoT Committee) YAMASHITA Yoshiyuki
- [Invited lecture] Report from the SDGs Committee of SCEJ
- (Japan Chemical Industry Association / Member of SDGs Committee) GOSHO Akiko
- Panel discussion
- Moderator: (Univ. of Tokyo) HIRAO Masahiko
Panelists: (Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance) SEKI Masao
(Univ. of Tokyo) TSUJI Yoshiko
(Tokyo Univ. of Agri. Tech.) YAMASHITA Yoshiyuki
(Toagosei) YAMADA Tomoka
- SCEJ's strategies for achieving SDGs
- (Tohoku Univ. / President of SCEJ) ADSCHIRI Tadafumi