Submission & Application
Applicant and speaker
Applicant and speaker of the SCEJ Annual Meeting must meet one of the following:
- SCEJ regular member (incl. honorary member)
- SCEJ student member (undergraduate and master-course students can apply to poster presentation only.)
- SCEJ education affiliate member
- SCEJ international regular/associate member
- SCEJ international student member (undergraduate and master-course students can apply to poster presentation only.)
- Employee of SCEJ Corporate member (incl. Regional corporate member)
- Individual member of co-organizing academic societies or institutes
- Plenary speaker
- Invited speaker
- Requested speaker
- Individual member of the following overseas societies
AIChE, CIESC, DECHEMA, KIChE, TwIChE (in alphabetical order) (undergraduate and master-course students can apply to poster presentation only.)
- Both the SCEJ Member and non-member can be an applicant and/or a speaker of IChES, but undergraduate or master-course student can make poster presentation only. (* In IChES 2021, no poster session is planned.)
The applicant or the speaker who does not meet any of these requirements must join the Society of Chemical Engineers, Japan before application or presentation, respectively. (Not applicable to the applicant and speaker of the IChES only)
The speaker (except invited person) must register to attend the meeting. If the speaker (except invited person) will not complete both the registration to the meeting and the payment of the registration fee;
SCEJ individual member (Both meetings): The on-site registration fee of the present meeting will be involved in the next bill of the SCEJ annual member fee.
Other than SCEJ individual member (SCEJ Annual Meeting): We will send a letter to ask the speaker to join the SCEJ Individual Member, attached with a bill of the on-site registration fee. If the speaker will not join the SCEJ Individual Member, the speaker will not be able to become an applicant and/or a speaker of the presentation at the future SCEJ Annual and Autumn Meetings and IChES.
Other than SCEJ individual member (IChES-only speaker): We will resend a bill of the on-site registration fee. If the speaker will not pay the fee, the speaker will not be able to become an applicant and/or a speaker of the presentation at the future IChES and SCEJ Annual and Autumn Meetings.
Only papers which have not been published or presented elsewhere (except the 85th Annual Meeting) can be presented at the meeting.
Re-presentation of a presentation published on the 85th Annual Meeting (Invited lectures and Requested talks only)
All accepted presentations of the 85th Annual Meeting are certified to be presented at the meeting, but Invited lectures and Requested talks can be re-presented at the 86th Annual Meeting.
- 1) The Presentation Style (Poster/Oral) can be changed.
- 2) The Authors (include the order) must be identical to those of the original presentation, but the Speaker can be changed within the original authors. The Affiliation and the Membership can be updated. The Applicant can be changed freely.
- 3) Both the Title and the Preprint(Abstract) must be identical to those of the original presentation, but a footnote "Presented on the 85th Annual Meeting." must be added on the Preprint(Abstract) manuscript.
- 4) No re-presentation are allowed at any other meeting.
Application for presentation
You can submit your application form on the web. Read the guideline of the respective way.
View your application form (incl. password reminder)
Please refer your application form sent by e-mail. You can also view your application form online at ‘View your own application form’ page. If you have forgot your password, click the ‘Forgot password?’ link on that page. If you are not sure of your Acknowledgement number, find it from the List of received applications.
Correction of submitted application form
You can make correction to your application form that has been submitted. The correction can be made on the web until the application deadline. Go to the $B!F(BCorrection of submitted application form$B!G(B page.
Cancellation of application
If you wish to cancel your application, please send an e-mail to the Organizing Committee. The Acknowledgement number, Your name, and an Oath that the cancellation has the consent of all the coauthors of the application should be given.
Exception to lack of novelty of invention
Regarding the patent application including an invention presented at the SCEJ Meeting, contact the Headquarters Office of SCEJ.
You are requested to submit a manuscript of the preprint. A PDF file of the manuscript can be submitted over the Internet. See the instruction below.
The $B!H(BBook of Preprints$B!I(B will be published on line and in USB memory.
View your uploaded manuscript
You can view your uploaded manuscript.
Correction of preprint manuscript
The PDF file can be overwritten by uploading a revised version any times by the deadline. No submission and revision are allowed after the deadline of the manuscript submission.
The format and style of the submitted manuscripts will be reviewed. Manuscripts in irregular styles would be rejected.
Speakers of the poster presentations are requested to submit a manuscript of the poster. A PDF file of the manuscript can be submitted over the Internet. See the instruction below.
View your uploaded poster
You can view your uploaded poster.
Correction of poster manuscript
The PDF file can be overwritten by uploading a revised version any times by the deadline. No submission and revision are allowed after the deadline of the poster submission.